BSL Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Cinema licence

Any public performance of a film needs to be licensed. A licence allows you to show "any exhibition of moving pictures" other than TV programmes on terrestrial TV or cable programmes.

How to apply

You can apply online or contact the Licensing and Registration office.

How the application is dealt with

If you haven't heard from us within 28 days please contact the Licensing and Registration office and we will let you know about your application's progress.

You must bring proof of identification when you collect your documents.

If someone else is collecting them for you, they must bring something in writing from you stating that you give your permission. This must be signed by you and give the details of the person who is collecting your documents. The signature on the letter will be compared with the signature on the application form. We will not accept an email.

Can anyone object?

Once we have your application there is a 28-day objection period. Your application will be copied and sent to Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, Planning Services, Building Standards Services, Environmental Services and Roads and Transportation Services for any comments or objections they may have.

How much does it cost?

Cinema licence - £600

Related content

  1. Cinema licence
  2. Conditions of licence