Click to listen

Learning disabilities

Services for people with a learning disability

People who have learning disabilities have access to services dedicated specifically to their needs as well as access to regular social work services.

An assessment called a community care assessment is carried out to identify which services and support you need.

A support package is then developed which we aim to provide in the community.

You can request an assessment online or contact your local social work office.

NHS Lanarkshire have produced a practical communication tool which includes some useful communication aides.