Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Road and lighting faults

Road faults

Please go to the Trunk roads and motorways page to report any faults to the companies who maintain these types of roads.

For all other roads please use our roads fault form to report:

  • potholes
  • defective slabs
  • footpaths or kerbs
  • signs and street furniture (such as bollards and guardrails) that are broken or fallen over
  • blocked road gullies
  • overgrown hedges and other vegetation
  • flooding
  • defective footbridges, parapets and guard rails
  • traffic lights

The timescales for repairs are in our safety inspection procedures and guidance manual

Street lighting faults

To report a street lighting fault use the lighting fault form. Please give us as much information as possible about the fault and it's location. Unfortunately we cannot reply to you individually about the defects you report to us, they will be investigated and repairs made as necessary. Once your request has been submitted you will receive an email confirmation to advise that your request has been received and provide you with contact details should you have any further queries.

Please note that the timescale for repairing dark lamps is currently 30 working days.