Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction application

Housing benefit and Council Tax Reduction application

use the links below to:

  • check if you qualify for Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction and to apply for. However, the calculation is only an estimate based on the information you supply. For a full assessment you will need to make a formal claim as soon as possible.
  • Apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction.
  • Submit some evidence to support your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction application. Please also note that you are unable to submit evidence of identity - we must see your original documents. 

If you are working, we will ask you for payslips. If you don't have any payslips, your employer should complete a certificate of earnings form. This completed form can be submitted using the link below to submit evidence, or returned to us at the address on the form. 

If you are self employed, you need to fill in the Self employed earnings information form - either print this off yourself or contact the Benefits and Council Tax call centre who will post one out to you.

If you are receiving Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction it is really important that you tell us straight away if your circumstances change. For details on why this is so important, and information on the types of changes you need to tell us about, please see our Change of circumstances page.

For further information, or if you need help filling in your benefits form, phone our team or email us at the Benefit and Council Tax call centre.