South Lanarkshire Council wifi
This wifi is open and can be used by anyone in certain council buildings.
To use the council's free guest wifi
- connect to the wifi hotspot with your wireless enabled device, and
- read and accept the terms and conditions.
When your session expires you will automatically be logged out of the guest wifi, and will need to start a new session to regain access.
The council will take reasonable action to provide reliable, secure and stable access to the guest wifi, but does not guarantee that the guest wifi will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible at all times.
The council advises that this service is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data traffic flow.
The council will not be liable if access to the guest wifi becomes unstable, unsecured, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
If you are in the process of downloading a file and lose connection to the guest wifi, your partially downloaded file will be lost. We encourage you to save your work regularly while using the guest wifi, and take precautions to prevent loss of information.
The council will take reasonable steps to monitor and attend to any faults, malfunctions or other problems associated with the guest wifi, but will not be liable if such faults, malfunctions or problems occur, and shall not be obliged to rectify any such faults within any specified timeframes.
User obligations and limitations
The guest wifi is intended to be used in an appropriate manner. The council may, at its discretion, block or limit access to certain websites that you may seek to access while using the guest wifi.
This includes but is not limited to websites and/or services that:
- could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the guest wifi or the council’s other networks or equipment
- contain any viruses, malware or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, or access without authority any council system, data or personal information
- provide access to, create, store, distribute or display offensive, pornographic or illegal text, graphics, audio or video
- are used for online gambling
- are used to harass or attempt to harass other people
- are offensive or promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- promote conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous, or
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise, or provide instructional information about illegal activities, including but not limited to:
- making or buying illegal weapons
- violating someone’s privacy, or
- creating computer viruses or malware.
The council will take reasonable steps to make sure access through this guest wifi connection is secure, however we cannot guarantee the security of the guest wifi at all times.
You are solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated using the council’s guest wifi, and are responsible for keeping all user names, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
The council will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage incurred as a result of use of the freely provided guest wifi.
The council strongly recommends you install a personal antivirus and firewall on your wireless enabled device to block unwanted traffic and potentially malicious files.
There is no collection of your personal information when you use this service but the following information is collected from your device:
- your device's MAC address
- the categories of the websites accessed while connected to the council’s guest wifi.
This information is collected for the purpose of performance analysis and monitoring aggregate use of the guest wi-fi service regulating periods of use.
Acceptance of terms and conditions of use
By clicking Take me to Google you are consenting to be bound by these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions could result in the service being withdrawn from you.
- Guest wifi
- Partner wifi