Contacting Social Work Services
If you have a Social Work enquiry, you will be directed to your local social work office. Our local offices are based in Cambuslang, East Kilbride, Hamilton and Lanark.
Staff within these teams will seek to deal with and resolve the issues that you raise at the time of your call. If this is not possible, they will seek to carry out more in depth inquiries to determine what further supports you may require.
You can contact us about:
- concerns about an adult
- concerns about a child
- someone who needs help to look after themselves in their home due to a disability, illness, mental health, dependency issues etc
- someone who is caring for a person and may be needing support in order to continue doing this
- someone who may need help with substance misuse or addiction issues
- yourself - you may want advice about services or you may require support and assistance
- you may wish to request information about Fostering and Adoption
You can contact us by phone, email, by writing to us or by visiting one of our local offices.
You can also submit a social work enquiry form online.
Local office opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8.45am - 4.45pm Friday 8.45am - 4.15pm.
If you need to contact us outwith opening hours for urgent enquiries only, please contact the Emergency Social Work Service.
Social work enquiries
For calls during office hoursPhone: 0303 123 1008
Social work emergency service
For emergencies outwith office hoursPhone: 0303 123 1008
Email: Social work emergency service