Climate Emergency and Social Enterprise Grants
Exciting opportunity to access new grants for your community group
Do you have an idea for a project which will contribute to a cleaner, greener South Lanarkshire?
We are offering the opportunity to access two new grants which will bring people together to help climate change action and encourage the development of new projects in the community.
Climate Emergency and Resilience Fund
The Climate Emergency Fund is offering grants of up to £2,500 to help community groups turn their ideas into community projects. More funding may be available for flood risk management projects.
These community grants will be funded through a 2-year programme with just under £95,000 allocated to groups each year.
For example, would you like to create a green community space or garden or set up a community reuse/recycle scheme? Or maybe your street is at risk of flooding, and you need sandbags and other flood protection items? We’d like to hear from you!
Benefits we would expect to see from the projects include:
- Improved air quality
- Increased climate resilience
- Improved resource efficiency
- Increased active travel opportunities
- Increased/enhanced urban greenspace
- Improved outdoor access
- Reduction in the reliance of fossil fuels
- Improved energy efficiency
- The use of renewable technology
- Increased renewable energy generation
- Reduction in waste
- Supporting the circular economy
- Adapting to climate change for example reduction of flood risk
The fund could be used to:
- Provide environmental education materials for schools or community groups
- Provide bikes for cycling groups
- Provide cycle skills training
- Provide bike maintenance lessons
- Reduce energy use in community buildings
- Set up a community reuse or recycle scheme
- Set up projects to support recycling or waste reduction
- Initiatives to increase local biodiversity like native tree planting
- Establish community clean-up projects
- Create a community or school garden
- Purchase sandbags/ flood protection equipment
- Purchase flood barriers
- Purchase salt-spreaders
See further guidance on our Climate Emergency and Resilience Fund grant application guidance page.
Social Enterprise Grant
In South Lanarkshire, social enterprise grants are available to trading enterprises and enterprising third-sector organisations aspiring to trade who need funding to start-up and/or grow trading activity in pursuance of their social or environmental aims. Find out more about the Voluntary Code of Practice for Social Enterprise.
This is a one-off pot, created to enable social enterprises based in the South Lanarkshire area to apply for small amounts of funding to start-up and/or grow trading activity that will deliver social and environmental impact.
The fund can be used for enterprising projects which support social enterprise business models to start and increase trading income and fit with our Social Enterprise Strategy objectives:
- Increased Social Enterprise businesses operating in South Lanarkshire
- Commitment to increasing trading activity
- Increased number of social enterprises tendering and being part of the supply chain
- Increased volunteering opportunities as a potential route to employment
- Increased number of young people working in and starting up a social enterprise
- Improved brand awareness, and marketing
- Supporting collaboration, where 2 or more organisations are working together to trade
- Delivering wider / deeper social and environmental impact
- Increased capacity of and profile of the sector leading the way in Net Zero solutions
See further guidance on our Social Enterprise Grant application guidance page.
How to apply
The application process for the grants is simple and straightforward and all ideas which address climate change, sustainability, environmental resilience, and food growing will be considered. Make sure you have read the guidance notes for each of the funds before applying.
Or if you require further information or need help with the form, please contact our dedicated Sustainable Development Officer on: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your applications!
- Climate Emergency and Social Enterprise Grants
- Climate Emergency and Resilience Fund grant application guidance
- Social Enterprise Grant application guidance