Who to contact for help
You can report anti-social behaviour in a number of ways:
- Use the online reporting form
- Phone the 24 Hour ASB Hotline using the contact details shown
- by phoning our local housing offices
- In writing to our Anti-Social Investigation Team using the contact details shown
You can contact our Mediation Service by using our Mediation Referral Form.
You can use our online forms to report all environmental issues; including noise complaints, abandoned cars and fly-tipping. Alternatively this can be reported via our Customer Service Centre (during office hours) or to our Emergency/Out of Hours Service using the contact details shown.
In the event of an emergency always contact 999 (or 101 for non emergencies).
This independent service offers emotional and practical support and advice. Further information on Victim support is available on our website.
- Anti-social behaviour
- Anti-social behaviour strategy 2024-2029 consultative draft
- Anti-social Behaviour Strategy - 2019-2023
- Anti-social Behaviour Policy
- Enforcement action taken
- Equality and diversity
- Mediation service
- What happens after you report anti-social behaviour
- Who to contact for help
- Neighbourhood issues
- Annual Report 2020/21
Anti-social behaviour investigation team
24hr answer service
Phone: 0800 389 1105
Email: Anti-social behaviour investigation team
Available out of office hours (evenings and weekends)Phone: 0800 242024
Local housing office
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.15pm. First Wednesday of every month 11am to 4.45pmPhone: 0303 123 1012
Phone 01355 806503 or 0800 389 1105 Please note our phone lines don't open until 11am on a Wednesday.
Email: Mediation Service