Council Tax - exemptions, discounts and increases (unoccupied properties)
Care worker, long term hospital, long term care
You may be able to reduce your Council Tax by 100% if the property is unoccupied because you have had to leave to receive or provide personal care elsewhere due to old age, disablement, illness, past or present alcohol or drug dependence , or past or present mental health issues.
You will be required to provide evidence of this as part of your online application. This could be a letter from the person you are caring for or the person who is caring for you. This can be uploaded when submitting your online application.
- Unoccupied property information
- Unoccupied and unfurnished property and second homes
- Care worker, long term hospital, long term care
- Property undergoing major repair/awaiting demolition/occupation prohibited by law
- In prison or other forms of detention
- When a person has died
- Property has been repossessed or held by a trustee in bankruptcy
- Student unoccupied property exemption
- Advice and information for owners of long term empty properties
- Empty property surcharge
- Other categories