Council Tax - changes to your household
Council Tax evidence
If you have been asked to provide evidence to support an application for Council Tax discount or exemption, a change to your household, a change of address, an Empty Property Surcharge or a Third-Party authorisation, you can submit this using our online form.
This form should not be used to provide evidence for a Council Tax Reduction claim. If you have been asked to provide evidence for a Council Tax Reduction claim, please see our Council Tax Reduction information page.
Help with uploading evidence
We can accept jpegs and pdf files but we advise pdfs as the file size is smaller.
Please don’t take photos of your PC screen or phone screen as these can be blurry. If you need to do this you should use the screenshot/print screen function on your PC or phone.
When you take a photo of a document such as a bank statement sometimes the file sizes are too big, especially if you have to upload a lot of different images to your form. This can cause the form to fail and we advise converting jpegs to pdfs. You can do this in the following ways.
On an Android phone
- select image you want
- from the menu select print image
- select Save as pdf
- choose where to save it
On an iPhone
- select the image you want
- tap the sharing button and select Print
- at the Printer options screen, use a spreading gesture with your fingers on the image preview to show Save as pdf
- select Share the converted photo as PDF and choose where to save it
On a PC
- right click on the icon of the image
- select Convert to Adobe pdf
- click on the Save file icon in the top left hand corner
- select where to save it
- name it
- Council Tax - changes to your household
- Council Tax evidence