Theme day menus introduce healthy and nutritionally balanced food that some children may not have tasted before.
Menus are designed to be fun and encourage those who would normally go home for lunch or bring in a packed lunch to try school lunches instead.
Lunchtime is not just for filling an empty stomach, it's a time to chat and develop social skills. By encouraging as many pupils as possible to take part in theme days more children can enjoy a healthy meal with their friends.
Primary theme days
- International Schools Meals Day in March
- Additional theme days are organised in June and October by the individual schools based on the curriculum
Secondary theme days
- A theme day will be organised by individual high schools based on the curriculum
- Christmas - A traditional Christmas lunch will be available in December
- Fairtrade - We will be promoting Fairtrade products during Fairtrade Fortnight which usually takes place in February/March
- Occasionally other promotions are run throughout the year to highlight and trial new products which can be used in future menus