Council Housing Allocation Policy
The council's Housing Allocation Policy aims to:
- prioritise those with the most need
- respond to local needs
- make best use of the available housing
- achieve and maintain stable communities
- have a clear and fair process that complies with the law
Who is on the waiting list
There are around 16,000 applicants on the HomeFinder housing register. This is made up of applicants with a range of housing needs, including:
- statutorily homeless
- living with friends or family
- private sector tenants
Over the last year statutorily homelessness applications has gone down from 3,000 to around 2,000.
If you are interested in finding out more about how we let vacant council housing including sheltered housing, you can download the following documents
As well as the Allocation Policy we have eight Local Letting Plans which make sure we can respond to local housing needs and circumstances.
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness see our Homelessness pages.
- Council Housing Allocation Policy
- Local Letting Plans