What is homelessness and how can we help?
We aim to provide good quality housing services at all times. Due to the impact of the ongoing Coronavirus, we are prioritising our resources to support our critical front line services including individuals affected by homelessness and our tenants living in sheltered housing.
Our housing support service will continue to be delivered, where possible, face to face meetings will revert to telephone conversations.
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness you can speak to someone in confidence at any of our local housing offices during office hours.
If you need somewhere to stay and our offices are closed, you can phone the emergency freephone number shown below
We will be providing a restricted range of services with a focus on providing essential services.
If your enquiry is urgent, for example you have no accommodation now or in the near future, please contact your local housing office and you will be able to speak to a Housing Officer who will assist you, otherwise we will respond to your email as soon as possible.
What is homelessness and how can we help
You can be homeless if
- You do not have anywhere to stay
- You are living temporarily with family or friends
- It is not reasonable for you to continue to stay in your accommodation
- Your landlord has stopped you getting into your house
- Your house is below a tolerable standard
- You are at risk of violence or threats of violence
- You are living in a hostel or bed and breakfast
You can be threatened with homelessness if you
- Have been asked to leave where you are living
- Have missed some rent or mortgage payments
- Are having problems with neighbour or people in your local area
- Are having problems with your landlord
How can we help?
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness it is very important that you contact us to discuss your needs.
Office Hours – 08.45am -4.45pm – 0303 123 1012 Options 5
Out with Office Hours – 4.45pm – 08.45am – 0800 24 20 24
When you contact us we will
- Treat your call as confidential
- Complete an initial housing enquiry
- Offer you temporary accommodation if you need it
- Provide you with information and advice
- Advise you of the timescales and the next steps
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Our offices are closed until further notice. If you need to contact us the best way to do this is by email or phone. Please note our phone lines don't open until 11am on a Wednesday.Phone: 0303 123 1012