Your homeless application
Your Homelessness Application
Following your interview regarding your Homelessness Application the Housing Officer will aim to make a decision on your application and write to you within 28 days. It is therefore important for you to provide the Housing Officer with all the documentary evidence you may be asked for.
The Housing Officer will require you to give permission to
- Seek information from any appropriate source in relation to your homeless application
- Share information with Registered Social Landlords for the purpose of addressing your housing need.
The Housing Officer will from the information you have provided carry out an investigation to establish if you
- Are Homeless or Threatened with Homelessness
- Became Homeless Intentionally – (where you deliberately did or did not do something that resulted in you being fully aware that this would cause you to become Homeless with nowhere to stay)
- Have a Local Connection to South Lanarkshire (See below for further information)
What is a Local Connection
You may have a local connection to South Lanarkshire if you
- Have lived in the South Lanarkshire for at least 6 months
- Have lived in South Lanarkshire for 6 months in the last year, or at least 3 years in the last 5 years
- Have a close family living in South Lanarkshire
- Work or attend further education in South Lanarkshire
- Fleeing violence from another area
If you require to live in South Lanarkshire for other reasons, please advise the Housing Officer and we will take these into account. However, this is not guaranteed that we will accept that you have a local connection. If you do not have a local connection to South Lanarkshire, we will refer you to the Council area where you do have a connection.
Office Hours – 08.45am -4.45pm – 0303 123 1012 Options 5
Out with Office Hours – 4.45pm – 08.45am – 0800 24 20 24
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Our offices are closed until further notice. If you need to contact us the best way to do this is by email or phone. Please note our phone lines don't open until 11am on a Wednesday.Phone: 0303 123 1012