Your homeless interview
Following completion of your initial housing enquiry a Housing Officer will contact you to fully discuss your circumstances.
The Housing Officer will require to ask some personal questions, and this may be daunting for some people and you may want to have someone with you.
The interview is to help gather as much information and assess the best way to help you. The more information you give us the easier it will be for us to make the right decision and help you. You must tell us your circumstances as they are now don’t try to make it sound better or worse than it actually is.
Completing a Homelessness Application can last around an hour and information provided is confidential. You should advise your Housing Officer if you have any specific requirements for example
- If you have a hearing, speech, or any other problems
The Housing Officer will require you to provide the following so you should have this available at the time of your interview
- Proof of your current or last secure address
- Identification – (such as a passport, drivers’ licence, DWP letter)
- Your National Insurance Number
- Information of any dependent children (e.g. birth certificates)
- Information about any tenancy that is about to end (such as Notice to Quit and copy of your tenancy agreement)
- Income related information including payslips or bank statements
If you are unable to provide any of the above, please advise your Housing Officer at the time of your interview.
Some of the questions the Housing Officer will ask you are
- How you became Homeless
- Where you have lived for the last 3 years
- Why you consider you cannot live in your accommodation
- Has your circumstances (where appropriate) been reported to the Police or the Housing Office.
- Do you have any support needs
- Do you require any legal or other advice
Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm
Friday 8.45am to 4.15pm
First Wednesday of every month 11am to 4.45pm
Phone: 0303 123 1012 Option 5
Out with office hours - 0800 24 20 24
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.15pm. First Wednesday of every month 11am to 4.45pmPhone: 0303 123 1012