Your homeless interview
Following completion of your initial housing enquiry a Housing Officer will contact you to fully discuss your circumstances.
The Housing Officer will require to ask some personal questions, and this may be daunting for some people and you may want to have someone with you.
The interview is to help gather as much information and assess the best way to help you. The more information you give us the easier it will be for us to make the right decision and help you. You must tell us your circumstances as they are now don’t try to make it sound better or worse than it actually is.
Completing a Homelessness Application can last around an hour and information provided is confidential. You should advise your Housing Officer if you have any specific requirements for example
- If you have a hearing, speech, or any other problems
The Housing Officer will require you to provide the following so you should have this available at the time of your interview
- Proof of your current or last secure address
- Identification – (such as a passport, drivers’ licence, DWP letter)
- Your National Insurance Number
- Information of any dependent children (e.g. birth certificates)
- Information about any tenancy that is about to end (such as Notice to Quit and copy of your tenancy agreement)
- Income related information including payslips or bank statements
If you are unable to provide any of the above, please advise your Housing Officer at the time of your interview.
Some of the questions the Housing Officer will ask you are
- How you became Homeless
- Where you have lived for the last 3 years
- Why you consider you cannot live in your accommodation
- Has your circumstances (where appropriate) been reported to the Police or the Housing Office.
- Do you have any support needs
- Do you require any legal or other advice
Office hours – 8.45am - 4.45pm – 0303 123 1012 Options 5
Out with office Hours – 4.45pm – 8.45am – 0800 24 20 24
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Our offices are closed until further notice. If you need to contact us the best way to do this is by email or phone. Please note our phone lines don't open until 11am on a Wednesday.Phone: 0303 123 1012