We can provide housing support for you if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness. We can help you prepare for your own tenancy by assisting you with developing the skills and confidence for moving into a new home or maintaining your current one.
Our Housing Support Officers are based in our local housing offices. We also have specialist Housing Support Officers based at our local housing office in Cambuslang who provide outreach housing support for people in the community.
This can include referrals to a range of support programmes, including:
- Breaking the Cycle - intensive support service for families who are regularly involved in anti-social behaviour and difficult to engage with
- Negotiated Entry in to Secure Tenancy (NEST) - intensive support service for those struggling with substance misuse
- Specialist support service for ex-offenders
- Shelter Family Support - intensive support service for families who have a history of repeat homelessness
- Lorretto - intensive support service for young people (including couples) up to the age of 26.
If you feel you need housing support, please speak to your housing officer or visit a local housing office.
Support needs assessment
By working with you, we can develop a tailored support plan to meet your household’s needs. This can include offering a range of support or advice relating to:
- repair and maintenance of your current home
- budget and debt management
- drug and alcohol misuse rehabilitation
- managing family relationships and mediation
- personal health and wellbeing
- access to further education or training
As part of the plan, and with your permission, we may also refer you to other services we feel could help you.
We also offer supported accommodation projects to those who are homeless and have higher support needs, which can help develop the skills needed to move on to permanent accommodation. Each person has their own room but some of these have shared facilities, such as a kitchen and lounge. Support staff are available on site 24 hours a day to provide help and give advice.
Our supported accommodation is regulated by the Care Inspectorate to make sure that it meets their standards. More information on this is available on the Care Inspectorate website.
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.45am - 4.45pm, Wednesday 11am - 4.45pm, Friday 8.45am - 4.15pmPhone: 0303 123 1012