Every year, we give help and advice to hundreds of people who have lost or are as risk of losing their home. We know how important it is for people to have a home and how distressing it can be to be homeless.
To make it as easy as possible in this situation, we aim to:
- prevent homelessness where possible and provide alternative options for housing to all applicants
- provide free advice and information to people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness;
- help people find somewhere to live;
- offer temporary accommodation if it is needed;
- offer to help store personal belongings if it is needed;
- provide support and make people aware of the services we can provide
We hope that this information will assist you should you ever be homeless or threatened with homelessness.
If you are experiencing housing issues within your current home, we can help to sort it out and try to prevent you becoming homeless. The council’s Integrated HomeOptions Service provides a wide range of information and support to customers seeking advice on their housing options or to assist them to sustain their current accommodation.
We now have a self-assessment tool to help you find out all the housing options that may be available to you. It enables you to create a housing plan based on individual housing and personal circumstances and can be accessed through our HomeOptions page.
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Our offices are closed until further notice. If you need to contact us the best way to do this is by email or phone.Phone: 0303 123 1012