Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Coal mining legacy problems

Non-householder applications

We can tell you if your proposal is in a 'development high risk area'. These are areas with one or more coal mining issues. See coalfield areas.

If it is you will need to include a 'coal mining risk assessment report', to make sure that the proposed development will be safe and stable.

The site specific information will then need to be looked at by a competent person. They will assess the risks and propose ways of reducing or removing them.

You can get more information from our Planning and Building Standards office or the Coal Authority.

See also: how to make a planning application.