Coal mining legacy problems

Householder applications

Planning decisions on householder applications can now include a note recommending that engineering solutions should be considered in the construction phase. This will only happen if the site is in a 'development high risk area'. This information is also sent to Building Standards.

A coal mining risk assessment may also be needed when making a building warrant application. See: building warrants and regulations

You can get more information from our Planning and Building Standards office or the Coal Authority.

See also: how to make a planning application.