Planning and building warrant documents

- our public access portal will be unavailable on Thursday 29 September for essential maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience

Coal mining legacy problems

Coal mining risk assessment

If you live in a Development high risk area, you may have to submit a coal mining risk assessment report to accompany your planning application. This will have site specific information on past, current and proposed surface and underground coal mining activity. It will also have other safety and ground stability information. You can get mining records from the Coal Authority or British Geological Survey.