Activage provides South Lanarkshire residents aged 60+ access to our indoor leisure facilities including swimming and health suites. Membership also includes East Kilbride Ice Rink, cultural and libraries activities, golf courses and so much more.
The cost of this membership for residents aged 60+ is £80.25 for the full year.
Being physically active is good for our mind and body. It also gets us out, into the community, socialising with others and generally making the most of life. To be as healthy as possible older adults are recommended to have 150 minutes of moderate activity each week.
Being active on a regular basis can:
- Lower the risk of developing health problems and help manage and reduce progression of existing conditions. This includes back pain, chronic pain, osteoporosis and mental ill-health.
- Aid balance and muscle strength to reduce the risk of falls.
- Improve confidence and overall quality of life.
Activage members get access to:
- 9 swimming pools
- 16 fitness gyms
- 9 health suites
- Racquet sports
- Fitness classes
- East Kilbride Ice Rink
- Libraries activities
- Cultural activities
- Golf courses (conditions apply)
In addition there are a number of bespoke services and classes which are specifically designed for older adults:
- Active Mondays: John Wright Sports Centre, Tel:01355 237731
- Active Tuesdays: Alistair McCoist Complex, Tel 01355 265696; Blantyre Leisure Centre, Tel: 01698 727800
- Active Wednesdays: Larkhall Leisure Centre, Tel: 01698 881742
- Active Thursdays: Carluke Leisure Centre(restarts 24 August 2023), Tel: 01555 751384; John Wright Sports Centre, Tel:01355 237731
Qualified staff oversee the sessions to ensure participants receive quality instruction in a fun and friendly environment.
Active Days are exciting inclusive sessions allowing people to try a variety of different sports, activities and services. Going to the centre also provides the chance to have a cup of tea/coffee and a chat.
Culture mornings are a great way to try a number of cultural activities. This could include anything from charcoal drawing to singing or drumming. Who knows, you could end up forming your own samba band!
Club Circuit and Club Movers classes are fun and friendly circuit based fitness classes. Led by health and fitness professionals qualified to adapt levels and exercises to suit your needs. These classes are run in partnership with NHS Lanarkshire.
Young at Heart Festival offers opportunities to access free music recitals, tea dances, afternoon performances and much more. If you are interested in the arts you may find something in this unique festival that appeals to you.
Walking Football is designed to help older adults maintain an active lifestyle at an easy pace.
Aquafit classes help improve cardiovascular fitness and muscle tone. Buoyancy in the water reduces risk of muscle or joint injury.
Fun pool activities mean you can be active while enjoying time with your grandchildren.
One free course of swimming lessons will help to build your confidence in the water. This would provide another path to fitness.
Free personalised fitness programme, tailored to suit your needs, will help you reach your fitness goals.
These activities are also available on a pay-as-you-go option.
Sign up at one of our five cultural venues and benefit from a one off offer of £20 off a ticket to a performance of your choice (subject to availability). Please note, to take advantage of this offer, tickets must be purchased at the time of signing up for Activage. The £20 offer cannot be redeemed at a later date or time.
Six free rounds of golf per year at any of our six golf courses, Monday-Thursday.
Free one hour introductory session on how to research your family history.
Access to library digital sessions, including how to access useful Apps, ipad basics or 3D printing workshops.
Buy one coffee and get one free during specified times only at:
- East Kilbride Arts Centre Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:00pm
- Rutherglen Town Hall Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:00pm
- Chatelherault Country Park 3:00pm-4:30pm, plus receive 20% off at retail shop
- Low Parks Museum Mon-Fri 1:00pm-2:30pm, plus receive 20% off at retail shop
Seasonal offers from April to September only
Free pay to play with bowls hire at HPSG, Brancumhall and Strathaven Park, Tue-Thu 11am onwards (max 2 hours play per visit)
Free tennis court hire HPSG and Strathaven Park (anytime – max 1 hour play)
Free putting at Strathaven Park, 11am onwards Free pitch and putt at Brancumhall Golf Development Centre, 12 noon onwards
Share this page
- ACE children's activities
- Cameronians’ museum collections
- Curators Choice
- Exhibitions, Events and Activities
- Hamilton Mausoleum
- Hamilton Palace
- Lifelong Learning
- Low Parks Museum
- Museum development projects
- Online collection
- Past Projects
- Venue hire
- What do we collect and why