ACE children's activities
ACE term time programmes
Our Term three children’s programme for Ace and Tiny Ace is here for you! Find out what's on offer at your local centre(s) below, whether it be trying a new sport or meeting new friends our programme is for you! Let’s get our children back to being active, creative and having lots of fun.
Term three dates
Term three activities will run from 10 January – 3 April 2022. Rutherglen Town Hall, East Kilbride Arts Centre, Hamilton Town House and Lanark Memorial Hall (marked * below) will be running slightly different Term three dates. They will be operating from 5 January – 29 March 2022.
How to book
Booking for Term three is available from 10:00am on Monday 20 December. You can book online or call and book at your local culture venue, library or leisure centre. Please refer to our frequently asked questions below. You can pay as you go from £3.45 per hour or take out our ACE/Tiny ACE Membership, which will give your child unlimited access to our programme. A concession of up to 50% is available to Leisure for All cardholders for both pay as you go and membership prices.
Our ACE membership for primary school children and above also gives access to:
- Birthday party discount
- Calderglen Zoo
- East Kilbride ice rink
- Gyms, pools, fitness classes and racquet sports
Find out what's on offer at your local centre(s) below.
East Kilbride area
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Limited: Children’s Activities - Booking Terms and Conditions
- All courses, classes and sessions must be pre-booked and paid in full (unless stated otherwise) prior to the commencement of each course, class or session.
- Bookings will be taken on a ‘first come, first served’ basis (unless stated otherwise).
- Places booked on an ACE Membership and subsequently not utilised, will incur the appropriate charge.
- Holders of a current South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture (SLLC) Gold Card are permitted to use their card on courses relevant to their sport, for a maximum of two courses only. Additional courses may be pre-booked and paid for at the advertised rates. Alternatively, a Gold Card holder may use their card for free access to additional courses on the day of each session, should spaces be available. Further information on the Gold Card can be found on the website or by calling 01698 476262.
- Reduced rates are available for holders of a current SLLC ‘Leisure for all’ concession card. Please ensure your concession card is valid to beyond the start date of your chosen activity at the time of booking. Further information on eligibility can be found on the website or by calling 01698 476262.
- SLLC cannot be held responsible for injury or loss of belongings sustained whilst participating in any course or session.
- SLLC reserve the right to cancel, alter or relocate sessions without notice and will run subject to minimum numbers. In the event of an activity being cancelled we will take reasonable steps to notify participants. SLLC will not be held responsible for any travel, accommodation or other ancillary costs incurred by the participant.
- Participants agree to abide by SLLC’s Management Rules at all times. These are available to customers on request and / or are displayed within facilities and venues.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and / or recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Payments cannot be refunded except in circumstances where the course, class or session has been cancelled.
Cancellation or non-attendance
- If you fail to give four hours notice of cancellation or do not turn up for a pre-booked ACE class, you will not receive a refund for the lost booking. ACE members will be charged a £2.00 cancellation fee.
- To ensure your child or children have an enjoyable experience in their ACE class or activity they may only attend classes which are at an appropriate level for their age and skill or ability level.
- Where participation is dependent on skill or ability levels, SLLC staff will provide advice and guidance on the most suitable class or activity for your child or children.
Fair use rules
- Participants are not permitted to attend consecutive classes in the same activity, for example attend two consecutive gymnastic classes. However they are permitted to attend consecutive classes in different activities, for example attend a guitar class followed by a drama class.
- To ensure children receive the best experience from their ACE membership SLLC encourages parents to, where possible, not book children into multiple activities in the one day.
- Please provide details of any medical conditions that we would need to be aware of. Providing this information enables SLLC to provide the best service and / or adapt classes to support the needs of the child or children.
Frequently asked questions
What Covid safety procedures will be in place for our participants?
Our coaches have been encouraged, as good practice, to take two lateral flow tests per week and to apply the ‘give people space’ rule. The equipment will be cleaned before and after use. Masks will be worn should the coach need to be within two metres. Sanitiser will be in frequent use.
For arts classes we are following 2 metre social distancing for term 2 and all participants over the age of 12 years and tutors will wear face masks throughout the lesson. We are asking participants to clean equipment before and after use and hand sanitise. The room will be cleaned before and after use.
Do I have to book?
We would encourage our customers to book for classes and courses in advance due to limited spaces but it is not essential (numbers permitting).
How to book
All sessions must be booked and paid in advance. No walk-in bookings will be taken. Bookings can be made online.
If you have an online account but have forgotten your membership ID, this is different to the number on your card, please email us.
If you have forgotten your password, just click "forgot" link to reset.
If you have never had an online account before you can set up a new account under your child's name. Each child will have their own account.
Do I need to rebook for Term 2?
No, if you are booked into Term 1 we will automatically rebook you into Term 2. This automatic re-enrolment will take place between 27 September 2021 and 10 October 2021. If you no longer require your place please let us know. Please note that East Kilbride Arts Centre operates a merged term 1 and 2 from Monday 16 August to Sunday 15 November and automatic re-enrolment will take place from Monday 2 November until Sunday 15 November.
Are there any changes to drop off / pick up procedures due to Covid?
Yes – all facilities have a system in place. This will be clearly shown at the facility but, if you could note, the drop off point may differ from the pick up point.
Are there any special requirements with clothing for leisure classes?
Gym clothes and shoes for all activities but please note most activities will be outdoors, so come prepared for rain (rain jacket) or sun (sun hat and sun cream applied before arrival).
Will refreshments be supplied?
No but children should bring bottled water or diluted juice for breaks during leisure classes. Please clearly mark with child’s name to avoid any confusion.
Drinks are not allowed in arts classes (other than Dance classes).
Can I join in the session and support my three year old as it’s his/her first class?
Unfortunately not, due to the health and safety measures being introduced within each class. We cannot accommodate any additional people outside of our coaching team and the participants.
Can I restart my ACE membership?
Yes, if you are ready to restart your ACE membership after viewing our programme please complete our restart my ACE membership form. We will do the rest for you and confirm everything to you by email.
When will my direct debit start?
Your direct debit date will be confirmed to you by email once the restart form has been received.
Can I continue to freeze my membership?
Yes, your ACE membership will continue to be frozen until you feel ready. If you have any queries regarding our sites please email us.
I no longer want to be a member, what do I do?
We are sorry to see you go, if we can help in any way, let us know by emailing Cancellations.
Share this page
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture offers a vast range of activities for children, from tots to teens.
- ACE children's activities
- Cameronians’ museum collections
- Curators Choice
- Exhibitions, Events and Activities
- Hamilton Mausoleum
- Hamilton Palace
- Lifelong Learning
- Low Parks Museum
- Museum development projects
- Online collection
- Past Projects
- Venue hire
- What do we collect and why