South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture offers a wide range of activities for children, from tots to teens.
ACE / Tiny ACE membership
Our ACE / Tiny ACE membership gives access to activities suitable for children from 12 weeks to 15 years. Activities range from sports, such as football, gymnastics and trampolining, to arts and crafts, music and drama. Also included are golf, swimming, racquet sports, and gym and fitness classes (12 years and above). For children aged 2 to height 4'9" we have soft play at Larkhall Leisure Centre, Burnbank Centre and The Fountain.
These activities are also available on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Courses and classes for children and young people
- Early years - fitness activity ideas for parent and baby (from 17 weeks of pregnancy onwards)
- ACE / Tiny ACE - sports activities and play clubs (for children 12 weeks to 15 years) and arts courses and classes
- Library activities for children - stories, arts, crafts and games (for pre-school up to primary 7)
General sports / fitness
- Fitness classes (suitable for 12 year olds and above)
- Gym (suitable for 12 year olds and above)
- Ice skating
Great days out for children
- Calderglen Country Park, with Calderglen Zoo
- Chatelherault Country Park
- James Hamilton Heritage Park
- Low Parks Museum
How to book
- Courses and classes for children and young people - ACE / Tiny ACE members can book online. Alternatively classes can be booked at the individual Centre or at SLLC Headquarters on 01698 476262
- General sports / fitness - to book a Fitness class you can book online or call the centre directly. Contact the appropriate Starters Office to book a round of golf. For other activities such as swimming, just check the opening hours on the swimming pool web page and go along at the appropriate time.
Children's Birthday parties
As well as all of these fantastic activities, you can give your child a birthday party to remember at one of our facilities.
Keep up to date with children's activities in South Lanarkshire
For regular updates on activities for pre-school and primary school aged children, ‘like’ our Children’s Activities Facebook page today!