Asking us for information about the environment
How much does it cost?
We may charge for requests for information. If we request a fee you will not receive the information until you have paid.
All fees represent the actual cost to the council in dealing with the request. Employee time will be calculated at the employee's hourly rate with no cap and photocopying fees are those set down in our Publication Scheme at 10p per A4 sheet for black and white copying and 30p per A4 sheet for colour copying.
However, these charges do not apply to:
- information kept in statutory registers
- information available for inspection at Council offices
- time taken to determine whether we hold the requested information or to decide whether information ought to be released
- costs that have been incurred by the Council in fulfilment of its obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and other equalities legislation, where applicable
- exceptional cases, where the relevant Executive Director of the Resource holding the environmental information is of the view that, under all of the circumstances, the fees ought to be waived such as where there is a public interest in making the information available or where it is uneconomic to charge a fee or where there are other relevant considerations that make charging inappropriate
Please note that this should be considered as the Council's schedule of fees required in terms of Regulation 8 (8) of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004.
If a charge applies to your request you can pay this in a number of ways as follows:
- by cheque or postal order made out to South Lanarkshire Council
- by phoning 01698 453326 and paying by debit or credit card