Blue Badge scheme
Applications and renewals
You can apply to the Council for a Blue Badge using the online link below.
- Apply any time, day or night
- Family or friends can complete the form for you if you can't do it yourself
- The system will time you out after 30 minutes of inactivity - there is no save and return facility for this form
People with a diagnosed mental or cognitive disorder which means they have little or no awareness of danger from traffic may be considered for a Blue Badge. Please contact our Blue Badge team for further information on how to apply under this category.
There is a £20 charge for a Blue Badge.
Be aware some Blue Badge advice websites offer to "assist" with applications, but charge around £50-£60 for this. They are not associated with the Blue Badge Scheme. We cannot even guarantee your application will reach us.
Contact Citizens Advice Scotland to report these websites and possibly recoup any money paid at https://www.cas.org.uk/ or phone 03454 04 05 06.
To apply for an Organisational blue badge you need to call us, using the contact details on this page.
Organisational badges will only be issued to an organisation which both:
- cares for and transports disabled people who would meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for an individual blue badge; and
- has a clear need for an organisational badge rather than using the personal blue badges of the people it transports.