School clothing grants and free school meals
Free school meals
All school children within P1 - P3 receive free school meals.
If you have a child in P4 - P7 or in secondary who attends a South Lanarkshire school they are entitled to free school meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (and your earned income is less than £610 in the assessment period immediately preceding the application for free school meals)
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child Tax Credit only (with a gross annual income less than £16,105* or Working Tax Credit and Child Tax credit but only if your gross annual income does not exceed £6,420*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
(*as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs on your Tax Credit Award notice TC602).
If the only benefit you are receiving from the list above is Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit, we will need to see a copy of your Tax Credit Award Notice (TC602). You can attach a scan or photograph of the notice with your online application form, or post a copy to Finance and Corporate Resources, Systems and Control Team, PO Box 3591, Glasgow G73 9ED.
Please note: copies of notices will not be returned to you. Please do not send in original documents, as these will not be returned to you.
Free school meals could save you approximately £290 per academic year. Entitlement can be checked at schools from the beginning of term.
Applications for the 2017/18 academic year should not be submitted prior to 1 June 2017. Any forms submitted before this date may not be processed.
- School clothing grants
- Free school meals