Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Social Work Resources

Adult and older people services

Adult and older people services have become a merged service.

Adult services work closely with other Resources within the council as well as with partner agencies in health, and the voluntary and independent sector.

Adult care staff work in local Social Work offices as well as in day support centres, local communities and in people's own homes. Some staff also work alongside their partners in health and housing in joint community based teams.

In some cases adult care staff are required to fulfil duties under the law and the Mental Health (Care and Treatment)(Scotland) Act 2003 and Adults With Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 play an important role in guiding how some services are delivered.

Older people services provide support in different ways. Assessment and care management services are based in local offices and assess the care needs of service users and their carers and help plan services to meet those needs.

Home care and day care services provide a range of support designed to help people remain as independent as possible within the community.

Care home care is available for individuals who need support in such a setting on a short or long term basis.