Preparing your community for an emergency
There are lots of simple things you can do to help prepare your community for an emergency situation, whether it's severe snow, flooding, a flu pandemic or some kind of accident.
Being prepared doesn't mean doing the work of the emergency services - it's all about having the information and resources available to help cope, should the worst happen.
Your community could mean a group of houses, a street, an area or even a whole town. It could be a neighbourhood watch group, a community council, a residents association or just an informal group of neighbours or friends.
- Preparing your community for an emergency
- Why plan
- How can I prepare at home?
- What can I do in my community?
- Creating a community emergency plan
- Information from other agencies