Community Council Elections - Thursday 27 October 2022
South Lanarkshire Community Council Elections
Notice is hereby given that the undernoted Community Councils have been instructed to proceed with an election in terms of South Lanarkshire Council’s Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils.
Cambuslang and Rutherglen area
- Black Mount
- Crawford and Elvanfoot
- Quothquan and Thankerton
- Royal Burgh of Lanark
East Kilbride area
- Auldhouse and Chapelton
- East Mains
- Jackton and Thorntonhall
- Sandford and Upper Avondale
- St Leonard's
- Strathaven and Glassford
- Meikle Earnock
The elections will be held on Thursday 27 October 2022, or shortly thereafter, and existing members of Community Councils will cease to hold office at midnight on Wednesday 26 October 2022.
Any person on the Register of Electors, for the area of the Community Council who seeks election to their Community Council, should lodge a nomination form signed by the prospective Community Councillor. The form should then be countersigned by a proposer and seconder, both of whom shall also be on the Register of Electors for the area.
Completed nominations forms should be returned to Administration and Legal Services at the address below no later than 4pm on Wednesday 14 September 2022.
Hard copy boundary maps of the Community Council areas and the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing:Administration and Legal Services Finance and Corporate Resources Council Offices, Floor 2 Almada Street Hamilton ML3 0AA
In the event of more nominations being received than vacancies available, an election will be held on a date to be determined by the council. Notification of any elections will be provided in due course.Paul Manning Executive Director Finance and Corporate Resources
- Community Councils
- Community Council Elections - Thursday 27 October 2022
- What they do
- Starting a community council in your area
- How do I join my community council?
- Funding for community councils
- Community Councils - Related publications
- Community Councils in the Cambuslang and Rutherglen area
- Community Councils in the Clydesdale area
- Community Councils in the East Kilbride area
- Community Councils in the Hamilton area
- Administration Grant Uses
- Community Council Elections