Housing news - spring/summer 2020
As a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, significant changes have been made to the way our services are delivered. We are continuing to provide critical services for sheltered housing tenants, people who are homeless and those who need emergency repairs. We have already received a large number of enquiries from tenants concerned about how this will affect them and have sent out this Housing news information to every tenant to cover some of the main enquiries we have been receiving.
Local housing offices
Our offices are closed to ensure staff safety but you can still contact your local housing office by email or by phone.
- We are still completing emergency repairs at this time. Planned non-emergency repairs and inspections were suspended at the start of the outbreak
- Gas servicing continues but on a priority base only - you will be contacted by phone to discuss prior to an engineer visiting your home
- our caretaking services continue with essential services such as fire-safety patrols, cleaning and bulky uplifts in multi-storeys
- anti-social reporting can still be carried out using the online reporting form or by contacting your local housing office
- bulk uplifts are currently suspended but waste and recycling centres are now all open - see your local waste and recycling centre to see what you can take there at the moment
- we have taken a number of actions to improve the safety of our sheltered housing tenants, see our sheltered housing page
- you can continue to pay your rent by direct debit, on our website or by using the 24 hour payment line on 0303 123 1005. If you are worried about your rent, there is a dedicated team you can contact on 0303 123 1012 (opening hours Monday-Friday 09.00-12.00)
You can contact us through our website and by email. A new community wellbeing helpline has also been set up for residents of South Lanarkshire who are self-isolating/vulnerable. It can provide details on how to access food and other supplies.
We continue to support our Gypsy Traveller communities by maintaining regular contact with the site residents and ensuring access to other services is provided. Residents should contact their site officer for any enquiries while our offices are closed.
If you are new to Universal Credit and unsure of the process involved, our Benefits are changing tenant liaison team can help. You can contact them by email for further advice and information.
Rent Income Support Team
Please note our phone lines don't open until 11am on a Wednesday.Phone: 0303 123 1012
Email: Rent Income Support Team
Available out of office hours (evenings and weekends)Phone: 0800 242024
Local housing office
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.15pm. First Wednesday of every month 11am to 4.45pmPhone: 0303 123 1012
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday, 8.45am - 4.45pm Friday, 8.45am - 4.15pmPhone: 0303 123 1010