Bereavement Services - burial and cremation
Customer feedback - you said we did
Bereavement Services carried out a survey in various areas throughout South Lanarkshire using the Council's standpoint terminals. These terminals are touch screen online survey tools and are easy to use. The purpose of the survey was to gain people's view on the services provided by the Crematorium and the various cemeteries throughout the area.
As a result of the customer feedback we will undertake the following actions:
- We will continue to maintain the high standards of grounds maintenance and are reviewing the service times with service users; the bereaved, funeral directors and the clergy
- Over the next three years, we have planned a programme of repairs to the roads and paths in our cemeteries.
- The information on notice boards will be up-dated more often
- We will review the position regarding the staff on site in cemeteries
- Employees will be trained to ensure they can deal with enquiries directly.
- Information on all aspects of Bereavement Services has been reviewed and will be available through hand-outs, the web pages and a new bereavement information pack.
- A short newsletter will be posted on the notice boards at the crematorium, cemeteries and bereavement offices up to six times each year.
- Bereavement Services - burial and cremation
- Arranging burials and buying a lair
- Cremation charges
- Live streaming and keepsakes
- Burial charges
- Arranging a headstone
- Memorial garden
- Checking cemetery records
- Visiting cemeteries
- War memorials
- Customer feedback - you said we did
- Headstone inspection programme