Blue Badge scheme
Applications and renewals
You can apply to the Council for a Blue Badge using the online link below.
- Apply any time, day or night
- Family or friends can complete the form for you if you can't do it yourself
- You will get a 'tracking reference number'. Note this reference straight away exactly as it appears on screen
People with a diagnosed mental or cognitive disorder which means they have little or no awareness of danger from traffic may be considered for a Blue Badge. Please contact our Blue Badge team for further information on how to apply under this category.
Use your tracking reference number to:
- save and return to your application before submitting it
- check the progress of your application
There is a £20 charge for a Blue Badge.
Be aware some Blue Badge advice websites offer to "assist" with applications, but charge around £50-£60 for this. They are not associated with the Blue Badge Scheme. We cannot even guarantee your application will reach us.
Contact Citizens Advice Scotland to report these websites and possibly recoup any money paid at https://www.cas.org.uk/ or phone 03454 04 05 06.