South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Vimeo This is "SLLC 2024 Trustee Revision (1)" by SL Leisure and Culture on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
Active Schools from South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture

Link to the Twitter feed Latest Tweets Follow on twitter

South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Facebook
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Vimeo
@South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Twitter
Home | Have your say | What is a complaint and what is not a complaint

What is a complaint and what is not a complaint

What is a complaint?

A complaint is when you tell us that you are not happy with our services. We regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.

Complaints can cover all parts of our services. For example, you may complain if we fail to deliver a service, there is a delay, our service is not at the appropriate standard or if you are not happy with the attitude of one of our employees. If you are not happy with our policies, we treat this as a policy complaint, and we will consider your comments when reviewing our policies.

What can I complain about?

You can complain about things like:

  • delays in responding to your enquiries and requests
  • failure to provide a service
  • our standard of service
  • treatment by or attitude by a member of staff
  • our failure to follow proper procedure
  • Trust policy
  • if you feel you did not get the service, help or information you expected because of your age, gender, gender identify, race, disability, sexual orientation or religion/belief

What is not a complaint?

There are some things we can't deal with through our complaints handling procedure.

These include:- A routine first-time request for a service, for example:

Requests for compensation from the Trust or other matters to be dealt with under the Trust’s insurance arrangements for example, damage to a vehicle, person or property. To make a claim phone 01698 455949 or email

Complaints against councillors should be referred to The Standards Commission for Scotland.

Public Standards Commissioner,
39 Drumsheugh Gardens,
EH3 7SW.
Phone 0300 0110550
Or email:

Things that are covered by a right of appeal, for example:

Parking tickets – if you wish to appeal a parking charges notice (PCN), you should write to South Lanarkshire Council, Parking Unit, PO Box 26275, Hamilton ML3 OWX. Parking fines and appeals.

If other procedures or rights of appeal can help you resolve your concerns, we will give information and advice to help you.

Share this page