Click to listen

Special (bulk) uplifts

How to request a special uplift

If you are throwing out old furniture or other household items that won't go in the bin, you can arrange for us to pick them up.

We take some items such as fridges, freezers and scrap metal such as radiators and boilers separately for recycling.

Mirrors and panes of glass can no longer be collected as part of the special uplift service - please dispose of these at your nearest household waste recycling centre

What we will do once you submit your online request form

We will contact you by phone or email to:

  • give you a collection date
  • check what has to be collected
  • advise you on how to prepare it for collection
  • collect payment (if applicable)
  • ask you to leave it at the agreed collection point by 7am on the date given 

What we don't collect

We don't collect gas bottles, car batteries, asbestos, oil tanks, oil, car parts, wheels and tyres, concrete or liquids - see hazardous waste and business and company waste. You can dispose of these at our waste and recycling centres.

If you have anything that doesn't fall into the general household waste category we will tell you the best way to dispose of it. 

Getting bulky items to the kerb

We can also help you move bulky items to the collection point if you are medically unfit and currently receive help with your bin.