Funding for community councils
We give an annual administration grant for the general running of a community council and the costs incurred by its members while carrying out official business.
- travel (mileage - rate agreed by the council or public transport, excluding trips to/from normal council meetings)
- printing and photocopying
- general office equipment
- affiliation fees and public liability and special events insurance
- accommodation for meetings
- auditing and accounting
- honoraria - a sum of money which may be given to the Secretary and Treasurer at the end of the financial year, if funds are available
The annual administration grant must not be used for donations to other organisations.
If a community council stops operating it is the Treasurer's responsibility to return any remaining funds back to us.
- Community Councils
- What they do
- Starting a community council in your area
- How do I join my community council?
- Funding for community councils
- Community Councils in the Cambuslang and Rutherglen area
- Community Councils in the Clydesdale area
- Community Councils in the East Kilbride area
- Community Councils in the Hamilton area
- Community Councils - Related publications
- Administration Grant Uses
- Community Council Elections