South Lanarkshire Council wifi
We provide Partner wifi for employees of organisations that have been contracted to provide a service to the council.
You must have:
- a compatible wireless device
- a valid and current South Lanarkshire Council network user account.
Use of this is governed by the council’s Acceptable Use Policy and by logging onto the network you are deemed to have agreed to abide by the policy.
You should be aware of and agree to conditions of use including but not limited to the following:
- The council assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the our wireless network or the Internet, nor liability for any damages to hardware, software or data, howsoever caused.
- Wireless access is provided as a free service on an "as is" basis with no guarantee of service.
- You are responsible for setting up your own equipment to access the wireless network. A guide is available to help you connect to the wireless network.
- Staff will not provide technical assistance and will not assume any responsibility for personal hardware configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the wireless network. It is recommended that users make a backup copy of any settings before configuring their equipment for use on the wireless network.
- The wireless network provides basic data encryption between the access points and the end user device. Use of the wireless internet connection is undertaken at your own risk. It is your responsibility to protect your wireless devices through use of up-to-date virus protection, personal firewall and any other suitable measures.
- The wireless network may be subject to periodic maintenance and unforeseen downtime.
- The council restricts ALL Internet access and certain categories of website will not be accessible, such as gambling and adult sites.
- Printing access is not available via the wireless network. If you need to print, you should make alternative arrangements.
- Any attempt to circumvent council procedures or any unauthorised attempt to access or manipulate council equipment or networks, may result in permanent disconnection from the wireless network and further contractual action being taken with the organisation providing the service to South Lanarkshire Council.
- If you do not agree to the above terms, please do not configure any device for guest wireless connection.
- If you have configured your device but no longer want to use it or you no longer agree to the terms highlighted above, please remove any configuration from the device immediately.
- Guest wifi
- Partner wifi