Comments, compliments and complaints procedure
Making your complaint
There are some things we cannot deal with through our complaints handling procedure. These include first time requests for a service, along with some of the following:
- housing repairs - call 0303 123 1010
- reporting anti-social behaviour
- reporting a road or lighting fault
- reporting missed or late uplifts of bins
- third party claims for road defects - call 0303 123 1015
- request compensation from the council (for example, damage to a person or property) - call 0303 123 1024 or email email@example.com
- complaints against councillors - these should be referred to The Standards Commision for Scotland
There are some other things that we cannot deal with through our complaints handling procedure. This is where a right of appeal exists and includes some of the following:
- Appealing a decision on a Housing application
- Appealing a decision on a Planning application
- Appealing against your Council Tax banding. Further information is available on the Lanarkshire Valuation Joint Board website
- Appealing a parking ticket - Parking Charge Notice (PCN)
- Appealing a complaint decision for factoring or common repair charges - please contact the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) who will decide if the Council failed to carry out its factoring duties or to comply with the Code of Conduct introduced by the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011
If other procedures or rights of appeal can help you resolve your concerns, we will give information and advice to help you.
Making your complaint
Please tell us what has gone wrong and how you want us to resolve the matter. We will require your full name and address to respond to your complaint. If you choose to remain anonymous, we will be unable to respond to you.
Other ways to make your complaint
You can also make your complaint in person by speaking to the Resource or Service you have been dealing with or writing to Freepost RSGJ-EYAE-EFBC, South Lanarkshire Council, 45 John Street, Blantyre, Glasgow G72 0JG (you do not need a stamp).
You can also find more information on our Getting help to make your complaint page.