Attending the adoption panel
You will be invited to attend the adoption panel along with your assessing social worker.
You will receive a leaflet explaining the nature and purpose of the panel before you attend.
The Panel will have read the Form F report completed by your assessing social worker prior to considering your application. They will make a recommendation based on the evidence provided in the Form F report as to whether you should be approved as an adoptive carer.
The Panel will advise you of their recommendation on the day of the panel.
The recommendation of the Panel is considered by the Agency Decision Maker within 7 days of the decision being made, specifying the terms of your approval.
- Criteria for adopting children
- Attending preparatory groups
- What the assessment involves
- Attending the adoption panel
- Financial support
- Adoption support
- Foster to adopt - A new approach to provide permanence to young children
- Adoption - could you be my future?
- Intercountry adoption
- Intercountry adoption: after agency approval
- Intercountry adoption: adoption support
- Working in partnership with you
- How to apply for adoption information