Anyone affected by adoption has the right to request an assessment of adoption support.
The Adoption and Children (Scotland) Act 2007 places a duty on local authorities to undertake such an assessment and to consider supports that may be required.
Adoption support will be available to you. This could take the form of individual and/or group support and would be determined following an assessment of your needs.
At the point of a child being placed with you, an adoption support plan will have been completed - this will highlight areas of need and any support required to meet those needs. It is recognised that those needs will change over time and that ongoing support may be required to meet those needs.
- Criteria for adopting children
- Attending preparatory groups
- What the assessment involves
- Attending the adoption panel
- Financial support
- Adoption support
- Foster to adopt - A new approach to provide permanence to young children
- Adoption - could you be my future?
- Intercountry adoption
- Intercountry adoption: after agency approval
- Intercountry adoption: adoption support
- Working in partnership with you
- How to apply for adoption information