Freedom of Information Act
Are there any charges?
You may be charged a fee for dealing with your request. If a fee is required we will notify you of this in advance and the information you request will not be released to you until the fee is paid.
We can charge a fee in relation to the costs incurred in the location, retrieval and provision of the information to you.
The fees are calculated based on staff time at a capped rate of £15 per hour.
You will be charged as follows:
- costs not exceeding £100 are free
- if the costs exceed £100 but are less than £600, you will be charged 10% of the costs in excess of £100
- if the costs are £600 or above you will be charged the full cost
- in the event that we decide to impose a charge we will issue you with notification of the charge (a fees notice) and how it has been calculated.
Please note that we can refuse to comply with a request on the basis of excessive cost.
Fees can be paid in the following ways:
- by cheque or postal order made payable to South Lanarkshire Council
- by phoning 01698 453326 and using a debit or credit card
Please quote the relevant reference given to your request. This will be given in our letter to you. Please note that there will be a 1.23% surcharge added to credit card payments.