Click to listen

Council Tax - changes to your household

If something has changed in your household that may affect your Council Tax, including someone moving in or out you should let us know as soon as possible. Council tenants must also report changes to their household by using our Change to tenancy forms as well.

If you are changing address, have bought or sold a property, or moving to South Lanarkshire for the first time, please complete our Report a change of address form

You can also report a change to a household if you are a Solicitor, landlord or letting agent using the relevant form.

If you need to submit evidence for your change of circumstance, please use this form.

If you also claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction, you will need to let us know about your household change, so that we can review your entitlement and make sure you are receiving the correct benefit.

Council Tax and Benefits Call Centre


Benefits and Revenue Services
PO Box 3591,
G73 9ED
Phone: 0303 123 1011
Email: Council Tax and Benefits Call Centre