South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2
South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2 was approved for adoption on 1 December 2020. For more information see the committee report and schedule of modifications.
The plan and its associated documents were submitted to Scottish Ministers who approved the plan for adoption. The plan was adopted on Friday 9 April 2021. This plan now replaces the adopted South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan (2015) and the South Lanarkshire Minerals Local Development Plan and form the development plan for South Lanarkshire alongside Clydeplan.
Addendum to Adopted South Lanarkshire Local Plan 2
Law Place East Kilbride
In response to a legal challenge that was submitted in relation to the designation of this site as a Core Industrial and Business Area in the adopted South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2, the council has agreed to remove the designation in the adopted plan and has prepared Supporting planning guidance and a development brief for the site. This was approved by the council on 29 March 2022. This sets out our position in terms of the uses that would be appropriate on the site and provides detailed guidance on various planning considerations. The Settlement Plan for East Kilbride has been amended accordingly. No other part of the plan is affected by this change.
The Local Development Plan 2 and its associated maps and documents can be viewed or downloaded via the links below:
- LDP2 Volume 1
- LDP2 Volume 2
- Strategy Map and key (including Environmental Designations)
- Settlements maps and key Cambuslang/Rutherglen/East Kilbride and Hamilton/Clydesdale
- Small settlements maps
- Minerals map and key
- Renewable energy spatial framework map
- Renewable energy development management considerations
- Habitats regulations appraisal
- Environment report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Post Adoption Statement Local Development Plan 2 2021-2026
Supporting planning guidance for renewable energy has also been approved and should be read alongside the other documents.
In addition, the supplementary guidance that formed part of the SLLDP 2015 will continue to be available as non statutory guidance. It will be replaced by updated supporting planning guidance soon.
The South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2 Proposed Plan 2018 and associated documents have now been superseded by the South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2 2021. However, they can still be viewed on the Local Development Plan 2 - proposed plan page.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Place Plans
Local Place Plans are community-led plans setting out proposals for the development and use of land and provide an opportunity for local communities to articulate their aspirations, hopes and priorities for the future of their community. View our Local Place Plans page to learn more about it.
- Development plans
- South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2
- Supplementary guidance
- Development plan scheme
- National Planning Framework 4
- Strategic development plan
- Local Development Plan 2015
- Other guidance and monitoring
- Land Supply Audits
- Local Development Plan 2 - proposed plan
- Local Development Plan 2 - Proposed Plan Examination
- Supporting planning guidance