Waste and recycling centres
*Updated 30 September 2020*
Household waste and recycling centres (civic amenity sites)
Trade waste now accepted at the East Kilbride, Rutherglen, Blantyre and Carluke sites 7 days a week (charges will apply) from Monday 17 August.
Standard sized vans and single axle trailers can now visit our sites 7 days a week from Monday 17 August. No long-based wheel vans or charity vans are accepted at the moment.
Our household waste and recycling centres now accept all types of waste previously accepted.
To keep site users and staff safe, there will be a number of temporary changes to the arrangements that were in place before the sites were closed due to the COVD-19 pandemic.
- only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only - please bring proof of address
- No charity vans
- there will be a queuing system and a limited number of vehicles will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal.
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- last entry 15 minutes before closing
Site opening hours available here:
We are all in this together – so please don’t make your rubbish your neighbours’ problem. Remember that fly-tipping is a criminal offence that carries substantial fines.