Waste and recycling centres
Our household waste and recycling centres will open on 1 June.
However, you should consider if your trip is really necessary, as lengthy queues are likely, especially in the days immediately after re-opening.
To keep site users and staff safe, there will be a number of temporary changes to the arrangements that were in place before the sites were closed due to the COVD-19 pandemic.
- only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only - please bring proof of address
- cars only - no vans, no trailers, no trade waste
- there will be a queueing system and a limited number of cars will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked in a bay, only one person can exit each car
- you must stay in your own bay
- each bay will have 3 skips, which initially will be available for black bag waste, cardboard (but not paper) and compostable garden waste
We will not be able to accept bulky items, furniture, building materials, wood, electricals, electronics, soil, rubble, polythene or polystyrene until further notice.
There will be diversions in place around some sites to manage traffic flow. Details and maps where available here:
- Carluke household waste and recycling centre
- Eastfield household waste and recycling centre
- Larkhall household waste and recycling centre
- East Kilbride household waste and recycling centre
- Hamilton and Blantyre household waste and recycling centre
- Strathaven household waste and recycling centre
In the meantime, please keep any excess waste safe, and remember that fly-tipping is a criminal offence that carries substantial fines.
We are all in this together – so please don’t make your rubbish your neighbours’ problem.