Waste and recycling centres
*Updated 29 July 2020*
Household waste and recycling centres (civic amenity sites)
Trade waste now accepted at the East Kilbride, Rutherglen, Blantyre and Carluke sites on Tuesdays and Thursdays only (charges will apply).
From Wednesday 29 July, our household waste and recycling centres will accept all types of waste, including items like soil, rubble, batteries, fluorescent tubes, textiles and gas bottles.
To help make the changes onsite, some of our centres will have to open later. The sites at East Kilbride, Blantyre and Rutherglen will not open until 12 noon on Wednesday (29 July). Larkhall and Strathaven will still open at 9am and Carluke at 8am.
Vans and trailers will now be accepted on Sundays between 9am and 4pm from Sunday 2 August. This means vans and trailers can visit the sites on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. No long-based wheel vans are permitted, only single axle trailers.
To keep site users and staff safe, there will be a number of temporary changes to the arrangements that were in place before the sites were closed due to the COVD-19 pandemic.
- only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only - please bring proof of address
- cars only apart from Sundays (9am-4pm), Tuesdays and Thursdays when standard-sized vans will also be allowed (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)
- single axle trailers allowed on Sundays (9am-4pm), Tuesdays and Thursdays
- there will be a queuing system and a limited number of vehicles will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- last entry one hour before closing
Site opening hours available here:
- Carluke household waste and recycling centre
- Eastfield household waste and recycling centre
- Larkhall household waste and recycling centre
- East Kilbride household waste and recycling centre
- Hamilton and Blantyre household waste and recycling centre
- Strathaven household waste and recycling centre
We are all in this together – so please don’t make your rubbish your neighbours’ problem. Remember that fly-tipping is a criminal offence that carries substantial fines.