Waste and recycling centres
Updated 5 January 2021
Household waste and recycling centres (civic amenity sites)
Our Household waste and recycling centres remain open at this time. Only visit these sites if you feel that your journey is essential and comply with the physical distancing measures in place. Please do not visit if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or are self-isolating. These sites are for the use of South Lanarkshire residents only and you should not cross Local Authority boundaries to access them.
Trade waste is accepted at East Kilbride, Rutherglen, and Blantyre sites 7 days a week, and from 8am to 2pm Monday to Friday at Carluke (charges will apply).
Standard sized vans and single axle trailers can now visit our sites 7 days a week. No long-based wheel vans are accepted at the moment. Charities can now access the sites to dispose of metal, wood/ laminate, cardboard, textiles (those that can be deposited in the textile banks provided) and waste electronic and electrical equipment only.
Our household waste and recycling centres now accept all types of waste previously accepted.
To keep site users and staff safe, there will be a number of temporary changes to the arrangements that were in place before the sites were closed due to the COVD-19 pandemic.
- only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only - please bring proof of address
- No charity vans
- there will be a queuing system and a limited number of vehicles will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal.
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- last entry 15 minutes before closing
Site opening hours available here:
We are all in this together – so please don’t make your rubbish your neighbours’ problem. Remember that fly-tipping is a criminal offence that carries substantial fines.