Council Tax - other account enquiries
Council Tax - account enquiries
There are many reasons why you might want to make an enquiry into your Council Tax account. We have many online forms available for specific types of enquiries and we will be able to process your request more quickly if you complete the correct form.
- apply for Council Tax discount or exemption
- tell us about a change to your household
- tell us about a change of address
- register for Council Tax
- apply for Council Tax Reduction if you are on a low income
- upload evidence for an ongoing application
Registering for myaccount will allow you to check your Council Tax online. Once registered you can view
- your balance
- your payments
- any adjustments applied to your account (for example a discount, exemption or Council Tax Reduction)
- your most recent bill
Council Tax appeals
If you are looking to appeal your Council Tax bill or make an appeal on your Council Tax banding, our What to pay pages will tell you how to do this.
Council Tax payments
If you are having problems paying your Council Tax or have received an arrears letter, please refer to our Problems paying Council Tax page for advice. For information on Council Tax payment options, please see our How to pay page.
Council Tax account enquiries
If you have not found a specific online form for your enquiry, you can use our account enquiry form to contact us about the following
- changes to your Direct Debit
- bill query, copy bill or statement of account
- name change or correction
- myaccount query (online account)
- missing payment or refund
Please give as much information as possible, for example specific dates, addresses and names. This information will help us to deal with your enquiry quickly.