Council Tax - other account enquiries

Council Tax - account enquiries

There are many reasons why you might want to make an enquiry into your Council Tax account. We have many online forms available for specific types of enquiries and we will be able to process your request more quickly if you complete the correct form.


Registering for myaccount will allow you to check your Council Tax online. Once registered, you can view the following:

  • your balance
  • your payments
  • any adjustments applied to your account (for example - a discount, exemption or Council Tax Reduction)
  • your most recent bill

Council Tax appeals

If you are looking to appeal your Council Tax bill or make an appeal on your Council Tax banding, our What to pay pages will tell you how to do this.

Council Tax payments

If you are having problems paying your Council Tax or have received an arrears letter, please refer to our Problems paying Council Tax page for advice. For information on Council Tax payment options, please see our How to pay page.

Council Tax account enquiries

If you have not found a specific online form for your enquiry, you can use our account enquiry form to contact us about the following

  • changes to your Direct Debit
  • bill query, copy bill or statement of account
  • name change or correction
  • myaccount query (online account)
  • missing payment or refund

Please give as much information as possible, for example specific dates, addresses and names. This information will help us to deal with your enquiry quickly.

For Council Tax exemption, discount or reduction applications, please complete the most relevant form on our You and your household pages.