Council Tax - other account enquiries
Council Tax - account enquiries
Do you know you can register to view your Council Tax account online? All you need is your Council Tax account number and an email address to get started.
Once registered, you can sign into your account to view the following:
- your balances
- the last payment made to your account and the next payment due
- all your bills for the current year - this will show any recent adjustments to your account, for example, a Council Tax Reduction, discount or exemption
- all your bills for the previous year
- your property banding
- the date your liability started
- details of any recovery or reminder letters issued
How can we help?
We have a range of online forms to help you. We can deal with your request more quickly if you complete the right form.
- register for Council Tax or tell us about a change of address or a change to your household
- apply for Council Tax discount or exemption
- apply for Council Tax Reduction if you are on a low income
- upload evidence for an ongoing application
- create a Direct Debit
- request a copy of your Council Tax bill
Appeal a bill or your banding
If you want to appeal your Council Tax bill or banding, our disputes and appeals pages can help you.
Problems paying and how to pay
Our Problems paying Council Tax page can help if you have received an arrears letter or if you are having problems paying your Council Tax. For information on payment options, see our How to pay page.
All other enquiries
If you have not found a specific online form for your enquiry, you can use our enquiry form to contact us about the following
- a bill or payment query
- a statement of account
- name change or correction
- missing payment or refund
Please give as much detail as possible, for example dates, addresses and names. This will help us deal with your enquiry quickly.
For Council Tax exemption, discount or reduction applications, please complete the most relevant form on our You and your household pages.
If you would like a copy of your most recent bill, please complete our copy bill request online form.