Take Control (South Lanarkshire)
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) all Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living (GCIL) and Take Ctrl staff are currently working from home and are unable to attend meetings or home visits. You can however contact them on the number below, via email or on our Facebook page.
01698 892 372
Take Ctrl is part of Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living (GCIL), which has many years of experience helping people to gain the information, skills, and support to overcome barriers and make informed choices and can offer support with:
- information and training on Self-Directed Support to ensure that you are able to make informed choice about the best way to use your funding
- recruiting and managing personal assistants, or engaging with service providers
- understanding the responsibilities involved in employing staff
- setting up a payroll system if required
- meeting council financial monitoring requirements
Take Control have produced the following pdf documents:
- Take Control Brochure
- Take Control Leaflet
- Way to Go
- Direct Payments - Pure Dead Brilliant
- Passport to Independent Living
They have also produced some short films that gives an insight into individual peoples lives.
- Cailean's Story: how having a PA helps Cailen, who is on the autism spectrum, to access a mainstream college course
- Susan's Story: how Susan's PA assists with personal care, household tasks and basic health care support
- Joan's Story: how Joan is able to maintain employment with support from her PA
- Chris's Story: how Chris has achieved the life he wants through his job, the support of family and his PA
For more information on the 4 options email firstname.lastname@example.org.