Parking zone permit application and renewals
Terms and conditions - Uddingston
- Resident – for the purpose of the permit scheme, a resident is defined as a person whose usual place of residence is within an eligible residential property. Landlords are not eligible to apply.
- Proof of residence – in the case of a temporary lease, a copy of the lease document must be provided. A permit will only be provided for the length of the lease. Your application will not be considered without the supporting documentation.
- Eligible residential property – an eligible residential property is a dwelling house which falls within the boundary of the zone as stated within the relevant Traffic Regulation Order.
- Permits – a residents Parking Permit entitles the holder to park within the marked bays in the designated car parking area at Services Road Number 1 Uddingston only.
4.1 a permit will only be valid within the particular zone for which it is issued
4.2 where a permit is lost/damaged this must be reported to our Parking Unit immediately. If you find your permit after it is replaced you must return it to SLC Parking Unit. An administration fee of £10 will be charged for lost, damaged or stolen permits
4.3 where a permit holder changes their car or the registration number of the car, the permit must be returned to SLC Parking Unit along with the supporting documentation for the new vehicle or registration number. A replacement permit will be issued free of charge.
4.4 at all times the permit(s) will remain the property of SLC Parking Unit and are to be used solely by the applicant on the vehicle for which it was issued. Should a permit holder no longer reside in the zone for which the permit was issued or dispose of the vehicle, the permit must be returned to SLC Parking Unit.
4.5 a permit does not exempt the vehicle from the time restriction within the time limited parking bays
4.6 ‘residents’ permits are only valid when used by the resident, or a visitor, whilst visiting the resident to whom the permit was issued
4.7 where marked parking bays exist, the vehicle must be fully parked within the white lines of a single parking bay
- Vehicle – the vehicle must be registered in the name and address of the resident, except as provided for in paragraphs 5.1 – 5.3 below. The scheme makes no provision for shared or borrowed vehicles. The vehicle registration document (V5) must be submitted with the application. Your application will not be considered without the supporting documentation
5.1 where the vehicle is a company car, a letter on company headed notepaper, signed by the Company Secretary, must be submitted along with the registration document (V5), confirming the applicants use of the vehicle and the requirement to provide parking for it at the applicant’s address
5.2 where a hire or leasing company owns the vehicle, the hire/lease agreement must be submitted, along with a letter from the employer where applicable
5.3 where the registration document is unavailable through a recent change of vehicle ownership, a bill of sale or sales invoice for the vehicle must be submitted with the application. The appropriate registration document (V5) will require to be forwarded as soon as available or the permit may be cancelled
- Verification of information supplied – SLC Parking Unit reserves the right to carry out verification checks on any information supplied by the applicant in support of their application for a residents parking permit
- complete all sections of the form
- the applicant must sign and date the application form
- a permit does not guarantee the use of any particular space
- a permit is only valid for use within the zone for which it is issued
- enclose all the required supporting documentation and payment (where appropriate)
In terms of Section 115 of the Road Traffic Act 1984, any person who makes a false statement to obtain a parking permit, or with intent to deceive, forges, or alters, or uses, or lends to, or allows to be used, or has in their possession any document so closely resembling any such permit as to be calculated to deceive, is guilty of an offence.
Personal data is collected in order to issue your permits. If you would like more information about how we use your data, please read our privacy statement. Data protection questions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Data Protection Officer, Administrative and Legal Services, Finance and Corporate Resources, Floor 11, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA.
- Parking zone permits
- Terms and conditions - Carluke
- Terms and conditions - Village Zone
- Terms and conditions - East Kilbride zones
- Terms and conditions - Hamilton zone
- Terms and conditions - Montrose zone, Hamilton
- Terms and conditions - Parkhall Street car park
- Terms and conditions - Rosebank Tower/Standford Hall
- Terms and conditions - Rutherglen
- Terms and conditions - Uddingston
- Terms and conditions - Eaglesham Court, East Kilbride
- Terms and conditions - Ladybank, East Kilbride
- Terms and conditions - Burnside Primary School, Rutherglen
- Terms and conditions - St Joseph’s Primary School, Blantyre
- Terms and conditions - Carluke access permit
- Terms and conditions - Hamilton access permit
- Terms and conditions - East Kilbride multizone