Parking zone permit application and renewals
Terms and conditions - Carluke access permit
- Resident – For the purpose of the permit scheme, a resident is defined as a person whose usual place of residence is within an eligible residential property.
- Proof of residence – In the case of a temporary lease, a copy of the lease document must be provided. A permit will only be provided for the length of the lease.
- Eligible residential property – An eligible residential property is a dwelling house that falls within the boundary of the zone as stated within the relevant Traffic Regulation Order.
- Business - For the purpose of the permit scheme, only businesses for which access is essential, can apply giving their reasons for doing so.
- Permits – A Carluke Access Permit entitles the holder to enter High Street, and Hamilton Street, Carluke during the times the restriction applies (8am to 6pm Monday to Sunday). Further details on exact location rules are below.
5.1 A permit will only be valid within the Access Zone for which it is issued and does not guarantee the use of any particular space.
5.2 The permit must be clearly displayed so that all relevant details can be read from the outside of the vehicle when accessing or driving within any of the lengths of the streets mentioned above or the driver may be liable to prosecution.
5.3 Where a permit is lost/damaged this must be reported to South Lanarkshire Council Parking Unit immediately. If you find your permit after it is replaced you must return it to SLC Parking Unit. An administration fee of £10 will be charged for lost, damaged or stolen permits.
5.4 At all times the permit(s) will remain the property of SLC Parking Unit and are to be used solely by the applicant on the vehicle for which it was issued. Should a permit holder no longer reside in the zone or require access to the zone for which the permit was issued, the permit must be returned to SLC Parking Unit.
5.5 A permit does not exempt the vehicle from any other restrictions or allow access to any other areas.
5.6 Where marked parking bays exist, the vehicle must be fully parked within the lines/studs of a parking bay.
- Verification of information supplied – SLC Parking Unit reserves the right to carry out verification checks on any information supplied by the applicant in support of their application for an access permit
In terms of Section 115 of the Road Traffic Act 1984, any person who makes a false statement to obtain a parking permit, or with intent to deceive, forges, or alters, or uses, or lends to, or allows to be used, or has in their possession any document so closely resembling any such permit as to be calculated to deceive, is guilty of an offence.
High Street/Hamilton Street Area, Carluke
Access Permit Holders
As you will be aware access to the High Street/Hamilton Street area is restricted, with loading/unloading permitted only at specific locations.
High Street/Hamilton Street
- Waiting and loading is prohibited at all times on the running carriageway of those parts of High Street/Hamilton Street located within the restricted area.
- While waiting is prohibited in the lay-bys on High Street and Hamilton Street between 8am and 6pm, loading is allowed at all times.
- The council has special authorisation from the Scottish Executive to dispense with the yellow lines in this area, which have been replaced by signs at the entrance to the restricted zone.
- Vehicular access to High Street is prohibited between 8am and 6pm, except for permit holders.
Please note that lengths of High Street and Hamilton Street which fall within the restricted area are all one-way streets.
- Points 1 above:-
Any vehicle observed by a parking attendant, stationary in any part of the road described in part 1 or out-with the lay-bys, will be issued with a penalty charge notice.
- Points 2 above:-
The parking attendant will observe any vehicle, parked within the area described in 2 above for at least 10 minutes to satisfy themselves that loading or unloading is taking place. If they observe no movement between the vehicle and an adjacent property during that period, they will issue a penalty charge notice.
- Parking zone permits
- Terms and conditions - Carluke
- Terms and conditions - Village Zone
- Terms and conditions - East Kilbride zones
- Terms and conditions - Hamilton zone
- Terms and conditions - Montrose zone, Hamilton
- Terms and conditions - Parkhall Street car park
- Terms and conditions - Rosebank Tower/Standford Hall
- Terms and conditions - Rutherglen
- Terms and conditions - Uddingston
- Terms and conditions - Eaglesham Court, East Kilbride
- Terms and conditions - Ladybank, East Kilbride
- Terms and conditions - Burnside Primary School, Rutherglen
- Terms and conditions - St Joseph’s Primary School, Blantyre
- Terms and conditions - Carluke access permit
- Terms and conditions - Hamilton access permit
- Terms and conditions - East Kilbride multizone