Breakfast service in primary schools
All primary aged pupils are offered a free breakfast in South Lanarkshire schools. The breakfast menu includes a selection of cereal, toast, fresh fruit, and milk.
To encourage children to eat healthier food we have modified our school meals service. Our primary menus include nutritionally balanced meals in line with the Nutritional Requirements for Food and Drink in Schools (Scotland) Regulations 2020.
Please note our menus may be subject to change due to the availability of produce from suppliers.
Primary school lunches
Our 2023/2024 lunch menu started on Monday 28 August 2023.
The lunch choices provided ensures pupil favourites are available with two hot main meal choices (one being a vegetarian option) and a snack choice (which includes sandwiches and baguettes) being available each day. All meals come with a seasonal fresh fruit selection, vegetable side, choice of salad, and depending on the day, either soup or dessert.
For menu items served over lunchtime, we also provide allergens and nutritional content which is as accurate as possible but should be considered advisory.
* Please note: We are adapting menus regularly as a result of shortages in delivery. As much as we try to keep the same selection available to pupils, it will become more difficult over the coming months, whilst meeting the food and drink regulations that govern the service. In instances where kitchens are required to change to a reduced menu.
School meal prices
The price of a school meal is as follows:
- Free school meals are now available for all pupils from Primary 1 to 5
- Primary 6 and 7 will be charged £2.05
If your child is in Primary 6-7 they may be entitled to a free school meal.
- School lunches
- Nutritional information
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Food pledge
- Free school meals
- Adapted diets
- Theme days
- Kids Kitchen cookery classes
- Fusion mobile app for secondary school pupils
- 14 nutritional standards for Primary Schools
- 14 nutritional standards for Secondary Schools
- World Book Day - The pupils who came to tea - Thursday 7 March 2024