Theme day menus introduce healthy and nutritionally balanced food that some children may not have tasted before.
Menus are designed to be fun and encourage those who would normally go home for lunch or bring in a packed lunch to try school lunches instead.
Lunchtime is not just for filling an empty stomach, it's a time to chat and develop social skills. By encouraging as many pupils as possible to take part in theme days more children can enjoy a healthy meal with their friends.
Theme days are organised in Primary and Secondary schools and can include:
- A theme day to be organised by individual schools based on the curriculum
- Christmas - A traditional Christmas lunch will be available in December
- October - Go fresh club theme day on Thursday 12 October
- Occasionally other promotions are run throughout the year to highlight and trial new products that can be used in future menus.
- School lunches
- Nutritional information
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Food pledge
- Free school meals
- Adapted diets
- Theme days
- Kids Kitchen cookery classes
- Fusion mobile app for secondary school pupils
- 14 nutritional standards for Primary Schools
- 14 nutritional standards for Secondary Schools
- Go fresh club theme day - Christmas menu